Jumpstart to Skinny: The Simple 3-Week Plan for Supercharged Weight Loss (Skinny Rules)
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • LOSE UP TO 20 POUNDS IN 21 DAYS!
In The Skinny Rules, celebrity trainer and coach of NBC’s The Biggest Loser Bob Harper delivers the ultimate strategy for healthy, long-term weight loss and “thin maintenance.” But what if you have a big event looming—a reunion, wedding, beach vacation, or other special occasion—and need a fast-acting plan to meet your short-term goals?
Jumpstart to Skinny features thirteen short-term Rules (no one gets thin on mere suggestions) that will supercharge your weight loss. Taking any confusion or decision making out of the equation, Harper also provides a day-by-day plan for success, including his body-toning “Jumpstart Moves” and deliciously slimming recipes specially designed for your get-skinny needs.
Jumpstart to Skinny lets you in on the secrets Bob shares with his red-carpet celebrity clients. This is not a marathon diet; it’s a quick sprint to the finish line. And the victory lap comes when you slip into that sexy dress or swimsuit and feel fantastic. Get started today!
THE FOUR-PART JUMPSTART PLAN TO A SKINNIER YOU
• Your Jumpstart Rules: Thirteen must-follow principles to get you ready for your own “big reveal,” including Rule #1, a precise breakdown of the proper protein/carbohydrate/fat proportions for every meal, and Rule #3, which explains why you need to just say no to complex carbs after breakfast during this three-week plan. These are the Rules that Bob Harper and his celebrity clients use to get ready for their big events—and now you’re in on the secrets, too.
• Your Jumpstart Day-by-Day: No decisions, no confusion! Here is the simple, three-week game plan: the food to buy and prepare ahead each week, when and how much to eat each day, and the when and how of your exercise schedule.
• Your Jumpstart Moves: Bob’s unique, twenty-minute, at-home exercise routines. From sit-ups, push-ups, and squats to jumping rope, lateral jumps, and simple chair dips, choose one of the seven “packages” of body-toning moves when your day calls for Bob’s “metabolic conditioning.”
• Jumpstart Recipes: Cleansing or juice fasting? No way! You need to eat to lose weight, so here are twenty-one days of slimmingly delicious recipes—including “Peanut Butter and Jelly” Oatmeal, Sweet Potato Hash, Spaghetti Squash Bolognese, Buffalo Chicken Salad, and Bob’s signature Shrimp Skimpy—formulated with your Jumpstart protein/carb/fat proportions (see Rule #1!) and calorie maximums in mind.
(with lemon or lime if you like) or an espresso or tea with your meal, and you’ll be that much closer to the total number of ounces you need to pour down your throat each day! WEEK 1 Prepare Ahead and Store Cooked Quinoa INGREDIENTS 1 cup water ½ cup quinoa DIRECTIONS 1. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. 2. Add the quinoa to the boiling water, stir, and reduce the heat to low. 3. Cover and let simmer until cooked and fluffy, about 15 minutes. Turn off heat.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Note: This will be used in two breakfast recipes. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING 156 calories, 6g protein, 27g carbs, 3g fat, 3g fiber Roasted Chicken Breast INGREDIENTS Olive oil spray 7 4-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts Cracked black pepper DIRECTIONS 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. 2. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil. 3. Lay the chicken breasts on the baking sheet in a single layer. 4. Coat lightly
asparagus in a single layer and top with the zucchini, the tomato, then the salmon. 4. Bake for 15 minutes. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING 241 calories, 27g protein, 12g carbs, 7g fat, 7g fiber Confetti Salad INGREDIENTS 4 ounces pork tenderloin or chop (remove all fat), cooked and sliced 1½ cups red cabbage slaw 1 cup chopped bell pepper 1 Persian cucumber, diced 6 cups chopped mixed greens 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro 1 teaspoon almond butter 1 tablespoon
Bob!” Here’s the short course on what’s really going on: drinking lots of water “tricks” the body into shedding water more efficiently. Just as the body starts storing fat when confronted with a food fast (shifting into its starvation/survival mode), so too does the body store water when confronted with water deprivation. In a strange way, by changing your water drinking habits you also shift the way your body deals with water—you “train it to shed it” instead of holding on to it. Your ankles
morning, so long as you don’t add milk, cream, or artificial sweetener (or more than a very little bit of real sugar). See Rule 13 for more about why you should be drinking espresso! COMMON SENSE FOR EARLY-MORNING EXERCISE If I didn’t tell you that occasionally a client feels weak or dizzy upon undertaking this tough step, I’d be lying. But I’ve got a few suggestions that will help you out if this proves to be a problem: 1. If you get dizzy, bring yourself slowly to your knees, then lean